In the market for a smartphone? Difficult decision to make and can be worse than shopping for a car. As smartphones continue to evolve, I am learning more and more; however, I am finding it is really not much different than shopping for a laptop or desktop computer. In reality, these smartphones are our computers in our pockets and have become an extension of our physical presence.
Like computers, there are specific hardware (and software) components to look for; such as the processor; the RAM (random access memory); the operating system (Android, iOS, etc); the display (LCD or Oled); the camera (single lens, dual lens, megapixels, etc…); and, the big one, the battery life. Typically, I shoot for a good mid-range phone and an example of that is the Motorola (Lenovo) Moto G Plus. Now, there is another “G” model that is out there (that I am looking at) and it is the Motorola (Lenovo) moto g⁵ˢ plus (which is a model that just came out); HOWEVER, for the sake of this blog article, I am focusing on the Moto G Plus to point out a good deal at Amazon.
What Amazon has done is cut a deal with Motorola (Lenovo), for Amazon Prime members, where on the notification screen you will see an Amazon ad here and there; and, from what the reviews are saying, this is not anything to get concerned about and is not intrusive. As a result of this deal, you can get a really nice mid-range phone for less money than the original cost and a whole lot less money than the top-end phones that are out there. If you are not an Amazon Prime Member, you can still buy this phone, straight-out with no ads, and still get a great phone at a very good pricing point.
To cut right to the chase, here is the Motorola G Plus that is at Amazon that I highly recommend and so do nearly 3000 other people. I have done quite a bit of research on this phone, watched the YouTube reviews, and am convinced the Motorola phone is going to be my next Smartphone. Yes, you can go with the Samsung or the Apple; but, guess what? Their newer models are fast approaching the $1000 mark. I can buy 4 or 5 of these Motorola’s at that price that will do what they do… If you notice below, the model I spec’d out is the 4GB RAM model with 64GB of storage (plus, can handle a 128GB microSD card). No midrange phone that I know of out there, for this price, can match this. Also, this is an unlocked smartphone and will work on all major carrier networks.
Moto G Plus (5th Generation)
64 GB Storage + 4 GB RAM
READ THE REVIEWS HERE
- Fast 4G LTE speed, up to 2.0 GHz octa-core processor, 4 GB of RAM, and a bright 5.2” full HD (1080p) display ensures videos and games run smoothly and look great
- Enjoy the best of Google Android 7.0 Nougat, including Google Play Store, Google Maps, Gmail and more
- Offers and ads, including personalized deals and recommendations, display on the phone’s lockscreen
- Take brilliant photos with the 12 MP HD camera or snap group shots with a 5 MP wide-angle selfie cam. Add up to 128 GB of additional storage with a microSD card
- The all-day battery includes TurboPower (TM) charging which provides up to 6 hours of use in just 15 minutes
- Unlocked and carrier-friendly, works with all major carrier networks domestically or abroad
- The fingerprint sensor instantly unlocks your phone
- Prime members get unlimited access to Prime movies and TV shows, Prime Music, storage on Prime Photos, deals, and more with a pre-installed selection of Amazon apps
SOURCE: Amazon – Prime Exclusive Moto G Plus (5th Generation) – Lunar Gray – 64 GB – Unlocked – Prime Exclusive – with Lockscreen Offers & Ads